For the full explanation of the 101 Things list, go here. My 1,001 days ends April 1, 2015.
Updated March 11, 2013. Twelve down, 89 to go.
- Teach a college course.
- Lose 10 pounds and keep it off for six months (10/10 pounds, 2/6 months).
- Lose 20 pounds and keep it off for six months (14/20 pounds, 0/6 months).
- Complete the Couch 2 5K program.
- Run a 5K.
Get a new car.(10/26/12. I didn't do this one on purpose, but it happened anyway. My van was totaled after a car accident, and I got a cute 2008 Pontiac G6 to replace it.) Purchase a laptop.(11/24/12. I finally caved on Black Friday. I'm so glad I did.)
- Paint three rooms in my house (0/3).
- Set up my sewing room.
- Learn to sew two pieces of clothing (0/2)
- Purge the house of excess crap three times (0/3).
- Have a garage sale.
- Visit three new states (0/3).
- Eat at five new restaurants (1/5. B and I went to Mancy's Steakhouse for a date night on 1/4/13. It was AMAHHHHH-ZING.).
- Cook dinner three nights a week for three months (0/12 weeks).
- Take a sign language class.
- Learn basic carpentry.
- Donate to five charities (2/5; Cystinosis Research Network in November '12; Legal Information Institute in January '13).
- Find a regular volunteering opportunity.
- Get a tattoo.
- Go skydiving.
- Take a Spanish class.
- Cross stitch three stockings (0/3).
- Randomly send a card to someone once a month (2/33).
Buy a grown-up suit.(6/8/12. I bought a nice suit to wear to an interview for a job I didn't get. I kinda want to burn that suit now, even though I look fantastic in it.)
- Buy a grown-up pair of heels.
- Attend the ballet.
- Read one non-work-related book a month (17/33).
- Attend an opera.
- Visit a foreign country.
- Visit three museums (0/3).
- Redo landscaping.
- Paint basement.
- Complete Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University course.
- Find a working budget and stick to it for six months (0/6).
- Take three sessions of ballet classes (0/3)
- Take boys to the zoo 10 times (0/10).
- Take boys to the science museum 10 times (1/10).
- Attend a blogging conference.
- Meet a blog friend in real life.
- Work out three days a week for three months (0/12 weeks).
- Go gluten and refined sugar free.
- Get head shots taken.
- Get a good family portrait.
- Get a new job.
- Throw one kick-ass party.
- Purge boys' clothes and toys every other month (3/16).
- Go on a real vacation.
- Visit my BFF two times (0/2).
- Go to Spring Lodge for a week.
- Buy a plant and keep it alive for six months (0/6).
- Buy a bike.
- Convert small bedroom into a playroom.
- Shampoo carpets and furniture every six months (0/5).
- Reconnect with two old friends (0/2).
- Visit three local attractions I've never been to (0/3).
- Sell or donate all old baby stuff.
- Make a vision board.
- Get rid of my magazine stash.
Own one ridiculously expensive purse, pair of shoes, sunglasses, or other accessory.(January 2013. I bought myself an awesome Michael Kors purse (at TJMaxx for 1/3 of the retail price...but no one needs to know that) as a "Yay, I got a raise!" present for myself. Even at TJ's price, I consider it ridiculously expensive.)
- Finalize my will.
- Find a church.
Find the perfect preschool for W.(February 2012; his current daycare is the perfect place for him, AND has a preschool program!)
- See a movie by myself.
- Go to a concert.
- Give blood eight times (2/8).
Get a facial.(December 2012. It was lovely and I would definitely do it again.)
- Learn to apply make-up properly.
Start college funds for both boys.(7/2/12. I won a giveaway from CollegeAdvantage, and now each boy has a college fund worth exactly $50 dollars. Woo!)
- Put money in college funds every week for three months (0/12 weeks).
- Give up pop for a month (0/30 days).
- Get life insurance.
- Take the boys on a train ride.
- Repair back porch and steps by myself.
- Get a psychic reading.
- Go away for a weekend all by myself.
- Go on a cruise.
- Sew curtains for the bedrooms (0/3 rooms).
- Learn how to crochet or knit.
- Go ice skating.
- Go apple picking.
- Go to Cedar Point with the kids.
Go to Cedar Point without the kids.(8/25/12. I went with my bestie from law school and had a great time. I also spent the least money I've ever spent at CP. It was epic.)
- Ask a friend on a date at least once every three months (0/11).
Judge at a state speech tournament.(3/1/12. I got lucky and got asked to go this year. It was as awesome as I thought it would be, and I really hope I get to do it again.)
- Find the perfect preschool for R.
- Get rid of cable.
- Dance in pointe shoes.
Cancel all magazine subscriptions (except Cooking Light).(I'm pretty sure I've done this...I haven't renewed anything that's come due this year, and I haven't gotten any more subscriptions.)
- Find a mentor.
- Cook one recipe from every cookbook/cooking magazine I own (0/eleventy billion).
- Wear an accessory every day for a month (0/30 days).
- Get a manicure.
- Get a pedicure.
Earn back all advanced vacation time. (Mid-August 2012. I don't remember exactly when it happened, but I'm now out of vacation hour debt!) Pay off my car early.(10/26/12. Again, not done on purpose, but my van was paid off early! That probably doesn't count, but it's my list, so I'm crossing it off anyway.)