One month in and I think the beauty purge is going fairly well. Here's a quick update of my progress.
Things I've finished:
- One primer
- One leave-in conditioner
- One moisturizer
- One zit cream
- One toner
Things I've trashed:
- One primer. It pilled right off of my face. Gross. It was gone after the first use.
- Several chapsticks. They were freebies from companies at the employee picnic over the past several years. They made my lips feel weird; almost numb, almost burning, and totally odd. Plus at least one of them expired in 2011, so.
Things I've purchased:
- One Julep Maven beauty box. Totally on accident. I didn't get my monthly e-mail, so I missed my chance to skip my box for the month. If it's any consolation, I really don't like the colors and my beauty product is an eyeliner (which I'm too blind to use). I'm working on getting this returned/refunded, but we'll see how that goes.
- One conditioner and one hair gel, both to replace empties with no back-ups in the stash. I also went with the low-price purchasing option (at least for now...I don't really have extra cash for fancy hair stuff at the moment). I opted for the Curls brand that I can get at Target (conditioner for $6.98, gel for $7.99). It's more curl-friendly than your average drug store brand, but more wallet-friendly than the fancy brands. Win-win.
Things I've learned:
- I have learned that my hair much prefers cream leave-in conditioners to spray leave-in conditioners. My hair has been super dry. However, this did get me using one of the hair masks in my cupboard, so I guess this is a good thing?