So my goal for tonight is to get through this post without falling asleep. We'll see how this goes...
- First, thanks to my readers who introduced themselves! It's nice to have some names to put with the, uh, page views.
- I've felt myself slipping lately, and finally got around to making appointments to deal with it. I needed a new therapist, and I figured if I was switching, I might as well find a new psychiatrist who's closer to home (and perhaps has a personality). I saw my new psychiatrist for the first time on Wednesday. I really, really like him. He's pretty much the exact opposite of my old psychiatrist, which I don't think will be a bad thing. I see a therapist in his practice on Tuesday, which I'm not particularly excited about, but we'll see how it goes. The new doc gave me permission to ask for a new therapist if I don't click with this guy right away. It's stupid, but I think I need that. I think my old therapist insisting that my old psychiatrist knew what he was doing and was a good choice even though he has the personality of a couch pillow (and my stupid need for old therapist's approval) is what kept me with him for two years, even though I disliked him from day one.
- The new doc started me on a new medicine that is kicking my ass right now. It's making me so, SOOOOOOOOO sleepy. He told me to expect to be really sedated for the first few days, but damn. I can't keep my eyes open for more than a half hour after I take it, and I don't think I've been awake for more than three or four hours at a time all weekend. Tomorrow is day four, which is supposed to be the turning point. I'm hoping this eases up a bit. I feel like I haven't slept in a week.
- I told B before I started this new med that I would probably be worthless this weekend. He said he understood and would take care of the boys if I needed to sleep. "Great!" I think. Well, I should have known better. At least three times each day this weekend, the boys came up to the bedroom to wake me up because "Daddy's sweeping, Mommy!" Each time, the only thing I could think was, "you've got to be effing kidding me..." I mean, I was legitimately drugged, but still able to stay mostly awake and attend to my children's needs when I was forced to get up with them Saturday morning. I feel like this shouldn't be such an issue. Ass.
- This new med is also apparently notorious for causing weight gain. I'm not super excited about that, especially since I've already put on 10 or so pounds in the past couple of months. To combat this, the doc put me on what he calls a "one plate" diet. Basically, I'm allowed one plate of food, three times a day with no seconds and no snacking. This doesn't seem like it should be a big deal, but I'm a grazer. I don't like sitting down to eat big, full meals. I'd much rather pack my breakfast and lunch and munch on whatever's in my lunch bag from the time I get to work until mid-afternoon. I'm doing ok so far. I ate a small-ish dinner last night (because I wasn't hungry at the time) and ended up having a snack around 11:00 (and berated myself for it), but today's been good. I'm hoping this works to at least keep me from gaining any more. I don't have the money to buy a whole new wardrobe of fat clothes.
- The new med also inspired me to buy a Fitbit Flex. The (admittedly vain) hope is that this thing will help motivate me to be more active and help fend off the pounds. It should be here by tomorrow night, and I plan to get started right away.
- One teeny, tiny little issue that might interfere with my "don't get fat" exercise plan is my foot. My stupid foot is STILL causing problems. I went to my podiatrist to get fitted for custom orthotics (OMG, that makes me sound O.L.D.), and she was not pleased to see that I'm still having pain in my ankle. She's sending me back to physical therapy for another four to six weeks, and if that doesn't take care of it, I'm getting put back in the boot. Again. Ugh.
- I tried Candy Corn Oreos the other night, and actually kind of loved them. Granted, they were covered in white chocolate, which makes most anything better, but still. If you've wondered about these, they might be worth a purchase.
- I know I have other stuff to write about, but my brain is done. I need to take my
horse tranquilizersnew meds and go to bed, but I've got to get another load of laundry in to make sure the boys have underwear tomorrow. Not getting the laundry started early enough to get to bed before 10:00 is issue number 189374 with sleeping for the majority of the weekend.
- Hey, I stayed awake! Good for m...zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...