Monday, December 3, 2012

This year's Christmas card

I wasn't planning to do cards quite yet, but CardStore pushed me into it. (All their (normally $2.29) cards were $.49!). The deal was only good today - of course - and I - of course - haven't taken the boys anywhere to get pictures done yet. Being the moron good mother than I am, I scheduled an impromptu photo session after baths tonight.

Not surprisingly, it didn't go well. W was having a rough night, so having to put real pants on (after bath time! The horror!) was a major problem. There were tears. So I gave up on my dream of their cute sweaters and moved on to their Christmas PJs. W wanted to wear the striped PJs from last night. There were more tears. I promised candy after we got done with pictures, which finally broke through the sensie fit.

So we sat the boys in front of our (scrawny, sad, little) tree and went to town. What follows are some of the results.

A weepy W and me. In my sweats. Surrounded by toys. *Sigh*

Pretty sure W shoved R over while this shot was in progress.
"Cheeeeeeese!"
Wait, wait. We might have something here!
Nope, nope. Never mind. At least R looks cute (if slightly possessed).
This is about where I wanted to throw the camera across the room and say screw Christmas cards this year.
Then, about 60 shots after we started, we finally got a good one (keeping in mind that "good" is a picture where they're both mostly smiling and mostly looking at the camera).

And here's the final card choice. The irony of these two being on the nice list was just too delicious for us to resist.


Now we wait to see if I actually get these things mailed out by Christmas...

4 comments:

Laura Diniwilk said...

Yay, I think this is the first time I've seen your boys! I can't tell you how many pictures I have right after A pushed L over. Sigh.

Kelly said...

Holy moly R is getting HUGE! I miss them!

Doing My Best said...

Your boys are so handsome =)!

Bunny @ 86n It said...

They look great!

The first photos though reminded me of my guy cousins. Total love-hate relationship their whole childhood. The younger recently got married and the older one did a toast. He did an entire slideshow of childhood photos with him grinning and the younger brother crying. It was HILARIOUS!

And you know what? They are thick as thieves as adults.