Thursday, September 20, 2012

Drained

You know what's exhausting? Living. So I'm back to all random, blurby updates, all the time.
  • We have tried - and failed - at potty training W. Again. He's going to be four in a month and he's nowhere close to being out of diapers. This causes me great consternation.

  • I feel like I've almost gotten my depression back under control (for now), but my anxiety has been through the roof. EVERYTHING is making me anxious:  work projects, going to the store, solo parenting, blogging, staying caught up with my blog reading and Twitter...you know something is seriously wrong with you when your freaking social media accounts are nearly causing panic attacks.

  • One of the parties of a case I'm working on has a funny last name, and it makes me giggle every time I read it.

  • We're supposed to have a trial next week (for two defendants I've affectionately named the Dumbass Brothers). I have been assured by both attorneys that it's going. I can almost guarantee it's going to settle, though, because I've done the two things guaranteed to result in a plea bargain:  finished the jury instructions and moved my doctor's appointment scheduled during trial.

  • I'm still waiting for my ability to be a grown up to kick in. It has to at some point, right?

  • My brother and his girlfriend are having a(nother) baby next month. Their name choices are making me want to punch unicorns. They're terrible. First, she picked ridiculous names that aren't really names, and then she moved on to normal names spelled stupid. Stupidly spelled normal names are one of my biggest pet peeves. SPELLING YOUR PRECIOUS SNOWFLAKE'S NAME RIDICULOUSLY DOES NOT MAKE HIM ANY MORE SPECIAL! *Ahem*

  • R is picking up new words left and right. I've currently got a bet going with myself about which kid is going to be the first to spout off a curse word. My money's on R.

  • W got sent home from daycare with the runs the other day. I said something to him about his sick tummy, and he said, "No, Mommy. My tummy not sick. My butt iss sick." Then he spent the rest of the day talking about his sick butt. I mean, I suppose he was technically correct...

  • B's desktop is an old, slow, piece of crap. It drives me insane.
I think I'm done for the night. I have nothing worthwhile to say. I feel so drained. I know I can only promise this so many times before my last three readers disappear, but I'm going to try to get better about blogging. I just need to find my motivation to do it.

5 comments:

Michelle said...

I miss your face.

ratherthecouch said...

Thanks for the Twitter follow! I find it ironic that the day you add a someone to your list (me) you also write about your Twitter stress. Don't worry - I'm not usually together enough to keep up with Twitter. I'm hoping that means I don't add to your anxiety.

Speaking of anxiety... YUCK!!!! I have SO MUCH of that crap and it SUCKS! Sorry to hear it's been bugging you too. :(

Kelly said...

I'm sorry you're having all the anxiety issues..I'm right there with ya. It blows. When life settles down lets get together! =0)

Doing My Best said...

Hey! give yourself credit for blurby updates =)! I can't even manage to do that much!

Potty training is a special form of Hell, isn't it? NONE of mine (ZERO out of FIVE to show how lousy my luck is) ever showed any interest in potty training on their own OR responded with anything less than their usual fight-me-tooth-and-nail when we tried to train them despite their lack of enthusiasm. Baby is approaching 3 years old, and we've introduced the concept to him and tried to get him started, and it's going as well as it did with his siblings, wheeeee! My sympathies are with you, is what I'm saying =).

Shani Hursh said...

I feel the same way about "unique" spellings of normal names.
I think it is so tacky when people do it - I just don't see the point. If you want to attract attention with a name, then do it for real and give the child an unique name, otherwise forget it, and spell it right.