Friday, August 31, 2012

Bits and blurbs

  • I miss blogging. A lot. But I just can't quite make myself do it lately. Other things I miss that I can't motivate myself to actually tend to:  my friends (real and virtual), my weight from about three months ago, and regular sleep habits.

  • As if you couldn't tell, I've been in a smidge of a funk for the last, oh, six or better weeks. I'm miserable right now, but I'm trying to behave like a human being. It's not working so well.

  • Thanks to Andrea and the last exchange, I have a nice little stash of CDPs in my closet. I have yet to open any, though, because I hate to waste good presents when I know that I'm not going to feel any better after opening them.

  • My "smidge of a funk" has actually been a pretty nasty bout of depression.

  • My stupid accident from a month and a half ago still hasn't been taken care of. I finally have an appointment to get my car fixed next week. I'm currently working on setting up my own rental that I have to pay for upfront. I'm pretty sure the guy who hit me has the only insurance company in the country that makes you handle and pay for your own rental arrangements.

  • Related, none of the rental places are open on Labor Day. Go figure. This will make things slightly more interesting for me.

  • B starts back to class two nights a week next week. I'm looking forward to it because it's less time we'll be spending in close proximity and barely interacting. I'm not looking forward to it because it means I have to fly solo with the kids two nights a week. I despise solo parenting (which is truly unfortunate for me).

  • I went to Cedar Point last weekend. It was the first time I had been in years and it was awesomely fun. The friend I went with knew a guy in one of the shows, so we checked it out. I was in the hot seat, so I had lots of singing and thrusting directed at me. I was smiling and laughing on the outside, but on the inside I was screaming, "I DON'T DO AUDIENCE PARTICIPATION! AAAAAAAHHHHHH!" I didn't die of embarrassment or anything, so I'll call it a win. I also didn't wear my boot on this trip and my ankle has not yet forgiven me. But it was worth it.

  • I went to my first consignment sale today. I liked it. I got a bag full of stuff (mostly PJs and mostly for W) for $18. I was pleased.

  • Our weekend is going to be pretty low-key, which I'm looking forward to. I'm getting a massage tomorrow. It will be blissful. W asked the other night to roast marshmallows, so we're going to grill out and have a fire on Sunday night. We might invite some neighbors for the festivities (though I'm assuming normal people already have plans made for that sort of thing). If nothing else, I'll get s'mores out of it.

No comments: