Man, I've really got to quit this once a month blogging thing...
Truth is, I just haven't felt like writing. Anything. The thought of getting off the couch, walking to the computer, sitting, and typing out a post exhausted me. I also pretty much disappeared from my online life. I quit tweeting (with the exception of a few random thoughts here and there), quit following what was going on with my internet friends, quit reading blogs, and was worse than normal at returning e-mails. I...just wasn't interested. Coincidence that this happened during the month that I was happily drug-free? Probably not. (Note to Amy: Don't worry, Mom, I'm back on meds. And I love you for momming me.) I'm hoping I'll get back into the swing of regular blogging, tweeting, etc. soon. As much as I didn't want to deal with it, I missed it.
Some other random goings on:
- I interviewed for a job I thought FOR SURE was mine. I liked them, they seemed to like me, the firm seemed like a good fit...and then they made an offer to someone else. I found out yesterday from what I think is a fairly reliable source that they did, in fact, really like me, but they hired a person who had litigation experience. I most decidedly do not have litigation experience. I have experience in sitting on my butt and pretending to be a judge. Apparently they aren't the same thing. So the job hunt continues.
- My younger sister-in-law got married last weekend, and I am so, SO glad that ordeal is over. I was the only person in the family over the age of two who wasn't in the wedding. Even older SIL's husband, who younger SIL has always disliked was an usher. I'm not sure exactly why that happened or what I did to earn banishment, but it sort of hurt my little feelings. Also, they had a 6' by 6' photo wall with at least 100 pictures on it. I wasn't in a single one. I've been with B for TEN YEARS, played with SIL on the tennis team in high school before B and I ever dated, and went to numerous parties with her in college. But wasn't in one picture.
- W was a ring bearer, see?
Not my photo...SIL texted it to me, and she obviously didn't take it, but I don't know who did. Soooo if you're SIL's friend who took this pic and happen to read my blog, let me know and I'll credit you for the pic.
He clearly loved his job. He didn't want to do it, and I tried to convince SIL (or have B convince SIL, which was probably the fatal mistake) that he wouldn't handle it well. But it went far better than expected! I had to herd him down the first third of the aisle. Then, when I tried to pick him up and remove him, he wailed that he wanted to walk down the aisle. I think this had less to do with wanting to fulfill his ring bearer duties and more to do with the Holley Shiftwell and Mater in B's pockets. Kid really wanted those damn cars. He went down the second third of the aisle looking like he did in the picture, and B met him for the last third and carried him to the front. W was happy as a little clam once he got his hands on Holley, though. Also, that block-of-fabric-covered-styrofoam-SIL-called-a-pillow was far more hideous in real life than it is in the picture.
- My mom and sister didn't have any nail polish in the house this weekend (seriously. None!), so I had to get an emergency nail polish on my Cars-shopping trip Saturday morning. I got Sally Hansen's Greige Gardens (I did not pay that much for it). It's sort of a weird color, but I kinda love it.
|Ugly toes! Smudgy nail polish! Dirty carpet!|
- Relatedly, I have an unhealthy obsession with purple. The CDPs people send me only feed the addiction. I have so much purple stuff right now. It makes me happy.
I think that's all I've got for tonight. Stay tuned for more thrilling adventures from my life. Hopefully they'll be posted in less than a month!