Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tonight I am angry*

Tonight I am angry.

I'm angry about always being the scapegoat.

I'm angry that I'm always the one taking the blame for things that are not entirely my fault.

I'm angry that it's always - and only - my fault.

I'm angry at and about my body and my mind.

I'm angry my efforts never seem to matter.

I'm angry that I can't live up to my own expectations.

I'm angry. I am just.so.angry.

* By "angry" I mean, of course, that I logically should be angry - and I am angry in my brain - but I can't, you know, actually feel angry. Behold the miracle of modern psychiatric medicine!

2 comments:

Michelle said...

And in the midst of all that, you still found time to be my person. Thank you.

Kimberly said...

Ohhh meds...
Let it out.
I'd be angry with those things too. I wish my meds would contain my anger. Sadly they don't.