My goal is to have this finished before B gets home from class. I have roughly 28 minutes. Here are some bullets:
- The ill-advised discontinuation of my sleeping pill lasted a whole two days. I was so exhausted by Monday night that I caved. I can't live on two or three hours a night like I used to. Sleep deprivation is a skill. You can't go from solid amounts of sleep to two hours a night. You've gotta build up to that level.
- I'm super excited about the current CDP exchange. I have some good ideas for my recipient, and I'm excited to go shopping.
- Speaking of CDPs, I owe a bunch of thank yous. I'm almost out of presents, so if you sent me something, please assume that I've opened it and liked it (I have yet to open a CDP I didn't like) and am very grateful for it. I'll personally thank you soon. Promise.
- I hear and read fairly often from women who say no mother ever regrets their decision to have a child. I know for a fact that is both statistically impossible and also untrue.
- I have a whole bunch of adult decisions I need to be making, and I don't wanna. Making adult decisions and being responsible for myself sucks.
- I got screwed out of an awesome toy storage thingy on craigslist today. I was displeased.
- I realized why no one can ever convince kids that being a grown up isn't totally awesome: Darwinism. What kid would want to give up naps, recess, summers off, and cartoons if they really knew what being an adult meant? So to perpetuate itself, our species' young have developed a brain part that doesn't let them see what adulthood entails beyond staying up as late as you want, eating whatever you want, and watching whatever you want TV.
- It's possible I'm a bit medicine-loopy right now. Let's all forget the previous bullet ever happened.
- Does anyone else ever think stoplights are conspiring against them? No? Just me, then, huh? Ok, moving on.
- I need to quit 16 and Pregnant. Not only do have major anxiety spikes during every labor and birth scene and minor random anxiety spikes any time after the birth, but these kids are so DUMB! I get so mad at their idiocy and refusal to believe that having a kid might actually be hard, and - GASP - all of the adults telling them so are RIGHT. Your mom is not out to get you, random pregnant teen. She is merely trying to get you to understand the full extent of the situation you're getting yourself into.
- Also, the girl last night who didn't buy Plan B after the condom broke because it was $50? BABIES COST WAY MORE THAN FIFTY BUCKS! Even the most teenagey of teenagers would know that, right? RIGHT? A simple cost-benefit analysis there would have saved her a whole lot of time and effort and interaction with the highest baby daddy I've ever seen on that show.
- We're getting a new dishwasher. Bosch and KitchenAid seem to the be most recommended brands so far, with Kenmore being a no-no. Anyone have suggestions or tips for dishwasher shopping?
- I finally finished my 101 things list. I'll post it soon.
And, time! Off to go pretend to be a good wife.