Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The simple things

Despite any evidence to the contrary, I feel like I'm a girl with fairly simple needs. Here, in its entirety, is the list of things I need to make me a happy woman:

  • A husband who does the dishes (and the other household chores he agreed to take on) and throws his dirty laundry down to the basement rather than leaving it in a pile beside his recliner.

  • Mornings where neither child is contentious, cranky, crying, or uncooperative.

  • A solid eight to 10 hours of sleep a night.

  • A magic student loan fairy who flies by and erases all of my student loan debt and/or grants me a job that pays significantly more than my current one. (A massive raise at my current job would also be wholly acceptable.)

Just a few simple things, really. And I have exactly none of them.

How did my life go so utterly, horribly wrong?

3 comments:

Laura Diniwilk said...

This list sounds fan-freaking tastic. Please have your fairy visit my house as soon as these wishes are granted. As my child who hates sleeping is waking up for the first of what is likely to be MANY times tonight, and it's not even 10:15.

Michelle said...

I'll take the magic fairy also. I'd like a clean house, a baby that isn't sick and sleeps more than 3 hours at a stretch, and I'd also take a paycheck for being a SAHM.

Kimberly said...

Send a sleep fairy to my house. Seriously.
I. Need. Beauty. Sleep.