Friday, April 6, 2012

My bum's semi-versary

Today marks six months since I had my tailbone removed. Six looooong months. And guess what? My butt STILL hurts! It's definitely getting better, but the pain is still there and I'm still stuck with my lovely butt donut (that has been worn completely ragged, but that I refuse to replace because I refuse to believe that I'm going to use the current one to death, despite all the evidence to the contrary). I saw the orthopedist Wednesday, and he was just as bummed as I am (maybe more so) that I'm not totally better yet. He gave me another prescription for an anti-inflammatory and wants to see me in six more weeks.

So now I guess we start hoping that seven-and-a-half months is all it takes for me to finish healing. *Sigh*

P.S. If anyone has any tips on getting your stupid, slow-healing body to get with the program and heal itself faster, I would love to hear them. At this point, I'm up for anything (traditional medicine, homeopathy, witch doctory, whatever).

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Well I've struggled with chronic back pain since 2003 and had one surgery (artificial disc replacement...so I'm semi bionic) and multiple procedures.
So yeah, I have no idea.
But I think drinks are in order for your tushie ;)