Friday, February 17, 2012

Brain dumping. Again.

Two posts in a week! Whooo, boy! You guys aren't going to know what to do with yourselves, I'm sure.

But don't get too excited. It's just more blurbs (but in paragraph form! Ooooooo!). I need to come up with a cute name for these types of posts and do them regularly, a la Laura and BA, so it looks like my slack-ass posting is intentional.

W's new daycare seems to be going well for him so far. I know they must be doing a bunch of sensory-seeking stuff with him because he's always talking about "boinging" (uh, just jumping, as far as I can tell), skipping, and rolling on the floor. I hope they can get him an eval with the in-house therapists soon because I'm starting to doubt that our current OT has any plans to really help with his sensory problems, which I think are more pressing than the fine motor skills she spends all her time working on. And/or I need to talk to his old (fabulous) OT about what I need to tell the new OT to get the types of therapies that are more necessary for him right now.

R seems to be adjusting well to being without his brother at daycare. They even told me that some of W's more unfortunate habits (like melting down over stupid stuff) that R had started doing have stopped. He has a little girl there who adores him, and I think having another close friend to play with helps.

Unfortunately, the routine change has brought with it sleep problems. It is taking W forever to fall asleep (he's upstairs whining for me with his crocodile tears as we speak), and he's waking up in the middle of the night. This hasn't really been a problem for months, so I had gotten a little spoiled. Now I'm back to no solid nights of sleep hell. It also takes almost an hour to get him in bed and close to sleeping. I think he's rubbing off on R, too, who has taken to not wanting to sleep at bedtime (usually 7:30-ish), but staying awake and partying in his crib until about 9:00 when he finally passes out. I'm so lucky R hasn't tried to climb out of his crib yet. That's the only think keeping that boy contained during the bed time mess.

Per usual, we didn't do anything for Valentine's Day. I remembered Monday morning that I need to get the boys cards for their classes, so I spent my lunch hour drowning in the 'Mart's Valentines hell. But cards were procured for each boy, I got them each a little V-Day present (cars. Shocking), picked up a little something for B with the vain hope that maybe he would reciprocate this year (to no avail), and got little gifts for the teachers, since I didn't have time to bake them treats, like I normally would. Everything got put together and sent to the appropriate care facility without incident. W has been thoroughly enjoying the suckers he got in his haul. B said Happy Valentine's Day to me when he got up in the morning, more or less ignored my present (I left it on his chair to surprise him before work. He opened one end enough to see what it was, then left it on the table. Also never gave me a thank you or any sort of acknowledgment that I left him a gift. Jerk face.), and that was about it for the day.

In therapy the other day, I made a fairly big realization about the differences between B and I and our "health" problems. The way my counselor laid it out really stuck with me. It mostly boils down to I'm healing and he's not, which is a problem if we want a sustainable relationship. Gave me more stuff to think about.

The work drama I eluded to a while back has settled down (I think). It was dumb and involved people sticking their noses where they don't belong, and while I don't think the nose problems have stopped, I have some better perspective on all sides of the issue.

I get to judge at a fairly large speech tournament this weekend, and I'm excited for it. I also get to judge at the state tournament for the first time ever in a few weeks (squee!). Aaaaand, I'm still an absolute nerd.

I'm thinking it's bedtime. I thought it was Thursday, but it's not, so none of my Thursday shows are on, so there's really no reason to remain conscious. 'Night all!

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

I'm glad that the school is working out and it sounds like its working out for both of them this way.
Sleeping sucks.
I'm sorry to hear about your valentines day. If it makes you feel better my penis went to play volleyball...that was after he laughed at me when I cried my eyes out at the school we registered our son at...sniff sniff...jerk

Laura Diniwilk said...

It's really kinda sad that Diniwilk Stew was the best I could come up with. But I knew way in advance that a fair share of my posts would be in bullety, brain dumpy form.

UGH - sleep problems are NO FUN, especially after everyone was used to sleeping normally. Hope things have already turned themselves around in the time it took me to catch up with you!