Sunday, December 11, 2011

Some updates

I'm not really in the mood to write tonight. First, because it's after 11:00 and I know I have to get up at 6:00. Second, my butt hurts, and sitting at B's desk chair isn't helping matters (and I can't blog from my phone. I just can't). Third, I'm ruminating on my abysmal life choices (small and large) and wishing I knew when to keep my damn mouth shut, and no one really wants to read another one of THOSE posts, amiright? And fourth, I'm plain old grouchy.

We had a fairly busy weekend. B worked both days, so I had to get up far before dawn with the boys who don't quite understand how to tell time yet (and when they do, oh, they will be confined to their rooms until at least 7:30. I'd shoot for 8:00, but there's no use dreaming that big).

My mom and I took the boys to a Christmas party on Saturday that turned out to be really nice. W got a talking Finn McMissile car (apparently this is one of the new characters in Cars 2? I haven't seen it), which was a favorite. We were supposed to go to a birthday party Saturday afternoon, but naps (mine included) didn't get over until an hour after the party started, and W decided he was going to be a shit not too long after he woke up. Going out in public would have been disastrous.

Can't really blame the kid, though. He's got a raging ear infection that probably been going on for better than a week now. I'm pretty sure when he started waking up three or four times a night, it was because his ear was bugging him. Now that we make sure to keep him drugged during sleeping hours, he seems to be doing better. One of his ear tubes fell out on Saturday, and his ear has been draining since then. Normally, draining is a good thing because it means all the gunk isn't in the ear causing pain. But W's been getting ear drops since Wednesday night, and his ear is still flowing like most kids' noses do with particularly nasty colds (yes, that's what it looks like. No, I don't feel particularly badly about providing you with that mental image. Welcome to my world...). I think I'm going to have to call the ENT tomorrow. The fact that he got an ear infection the millisecond one of his tubes shifted out of place gives me a very bad feeling that he's going to end up needing another set. That boy is whiny enough on the best of days...I can only imagine what he's like post-anesthesia.

Today was a friend's baby shower, which was really nice. I got to see some of my friends I haven't hung out with in a while, which is always a good time. The boys all went to another Christmas party, and all reports say it went well. The little ones loaded up on junk food and came home with new toys. Isn't that always the measure of party success?

I managed to not get any of my weekend projects completed. Again. Other than doing some laundry and getting a load in the dishwasher, housework once again goes neglected. The big ones I need to get done are inventorying/organizing/wrapping Christmas presents and putting ugly plastic sheeting up on our ancient windows. But I didn't. Maybe I'll get to it this week.

So there's the weekend. Nice, busy, and unproductive. Now I'm going to bed to try to sleep. Those babies wake up way too early.

1 comment:

Amanda @ There Are Two Sides said...

I hope you had fun at the shower...wish I didn't have to work then I could have gone =(

Did you call an ENT? Any news?