Saturday, November 5, 2011

Music and writing

I liked Thursday's NaBloPoMo prompt, so I'm writing about it today. The prompt was:  "Can you listen to music and write? What song did you hear today?"

The fact is, I can listen to just about anything and still write. I like having background noise when I'm working. I think it helps me focus. Most days, I have something playing on my work computer. I find listening to music and pounding away on the keyboard almost therapeutic. Reading can be more difficult for me with music, but writing almost never is.

Today's musical selections included the playlist on my cloud drive that I affectionately call "Blah."  It's the best depression music I've been able to cobble together from my musical downloads. It has lots of Shinedown (I'm totally in love with Shinedown right now), some Fuel, a little Breaking Benjamin and Seether, and assorted random sad/angry songs. My go-to depression music was always Counting Crows' "August and Everything After" and Fuel's "Something Like Human." But I've managed to lose both of those CDs (oh yeah. I had them on CD) without ever transferring them to my computer. I know the Counting Crows CD was left in the player of my totaled Pacifica when it was scrapped because B didn't know about it and didn't think to look in there, but I have no idea where the Fuel one went. I miss those CDs.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Pandora! Just make a Counting Crows channel.