Monday, November 21, 2011

Mommy blogger FAIL

I've always partially thought of this blog as something of a digital baby book for my kids, since I'm certainly not keeping paper ones for them. I always thought I was doing a fairly decent job of it, too. Until tonight. W is seeing a new OT tomorrow, and the paperwork is asking me all kinds of ridiculous questions about when he rolled over, sat up, walked, etc. - what do I look like? His mom? I assumed that going back through the archives would quickly answer my questions, and I could go on with my life.

I was so wrong.

All I learned by perusing my blog is that I haven't kept very good records of W's milestones - major or minor. Some of the stuff was there, but not things like when he started "4 point creeping" (I don't even know what that means). I didn't look, but I'm going to assume that my record keeping is just as shoddy (and probably worse) for R.

Though I didn't get the information I started out seeking, I did get reminded - again and again and again for two-and-a-half hours - of how crappy I am at this whole mothering thing. I've done a GREAT job of documenting the minutia of every.single.one. of my parenting failures. And let me tell you, there have been a LOT of them. As far as the successes, those are few and far between. That, or I've just failed to document my parenting successes. Anything's possible.

Reading my archives was depressing. Cheers to those of you who've read from the beginning or have read my archives and still stick around. Now that I've read them, I kinda want to jump ship and never hear from me ever again. I'm slightly jealous of those of you actually have that option.

No comments: