Friday, November 18, 2011

Magnetic nail polish

While I was in NC, my friend came home from work talking about her friend's new magnetic nail polish. I had no idea what she was talking about, but she explained it and we googled it, and it sounded pretty cool. It's nail polish that has metal shavings in it. You put on a thick coat, then hold the magnet in the bottle cap over your nail for a few seconds. The shavings move around and make cool little lines. Sephora seems to be the place to get it.

We went shopping on Saturday, but couldn't find the nail polish in the Sephora store. It was conveniently located right at the register for impulse purchasers, and it worked perfectly. L decided to impulsively buy a bottle at checkout. We chose the purple. I'm wearing it now.


It was a bit of a pain to do, but I like it. Apparently a different brand has other magnets that make different patterns, like a starburst or zigzags. I'm kinda in love with this stuff, but would never actually spend the money to buy myself a $16 bottle of nail polish. I'm thinking it would be a fun gift for a nail-obsessed lady in your life, though.

1 comment:

Laura Diniwilk said...

I have been wanting to try that forever! I spend an unhealthy amount of time on nail polish blogs. Fun!