Sunday, November 6, 2011

Home alone

One of B's fraternity brother got married last night. We were both supposed to go, but after a week plus of pushing myself (specifically, my assular region) more than I should, the thought of spending several hours sitting in the car, followed by several hours of sitting at the ceremony and reception, was just too much. Instead, the boys went to my mom's as planned, and I stayed home alone. It's been sort of nice. I did nothing but lay on the couch watching DVDed shows and napping. My house is a sty, and I should have been cleaning, though, so I'm feeling a bit guilty about that.

B had a great time at the wedding. I was really bummed that I didn't get to go see all the guys...it's been about a year since the last wedding where we all met up. But the one thing I was really upset about? Missing out on holding and cuddling and snuggling one of the guys' six-week-old baby boy. Sweet sleepy babies nuzzled up against me is the ONE thing I miss about the baby days. It's wonderful to have a warm little bundle of sweetness in my arms and to smell the delicious baby smell. Plus, when he starts screaming, I get to give him back. Now THAT is my idea of parenting. Man, I need a snuggle baby.

1 comment:

Doing My Best said...

Really, you MUST NOT feel guilty about housework until AT LEAST 8 weeks after your SURGERY! SURGERY is a BIG THING, and you need to recover!! Try to go easy on yourself, my friend =)!