Monday, November 7, 2011

Asking a blogger on a date

There's a blogger out there I've been reading for quite a while, and I really admire her. I will be in her area sometime soon, and I'd kinda like to ask her out for coffee or something. I would love to meet her, but I feel like it would be super weird to just e-mail her saying "Hey, love your blog, come meet me!"

What do you think? How would you react if you got that e-mail? Is there any way for me to ask her without sounding creepy? Should I just scrap this idea all together?

7 comments:

Shauna Mama said...

If it was me, I would be honored that someone would want to meet me. Of course, Im the type of person that could never have enough friends!!! Good Luck to you!

Mindy Harris said...

ask her out for coffee!! of course i am not a shy person so i would totally say "yes" and think it's super awesome. we all put SO MUCH into our blogs...meeting a reader in person would be a dream come true. so ask away and let us know how it went!
xoxo

Laura Diniwilk said...

I think you should go for it - I don't think anyone would be offended or creeped out, it's just coffee. Maybe you'll make a new friend!

Cayt said...

I would be super excited if someone said that to me. The worst they can say is no, right?

Amanda @ There Are Two Sides said...

WHo is it? Are they local??

Doing My Best said...

That's tricky! I think it just depends on the person! *I* wouldn't think that was weird if it was coming from someone who left comments on my blog and/or tweeted to me.

Emily said...

Thanks, ladies. I think I'll send the e-mail. Like you said, the worst she can say is no.

Amanda, she's not local. She lives somewhere in the vicinity of my BFF.