Sunday, October 16, 2011

Sunday brain dump

I would really love to give you guys an actual post sometime, but it's just not in the cards right now. I'm way too unfocused to come up with anything more than another obnoxious blurb post.
  • Surgical recovery continues. Some days are good, some are not. I think the boys have just about reached their breaking point with the "no pick ups by mommy" thing; they're both uber, uber clingy.

  • I discovered the secret to having a house that doesn't smell. You need to get rid of anyone who a) is male, and b) still regularly craps their pants. That happened last weekend, and my house actually smelled pleasant! (Ok, maybe not pleasant, but definitely not rancid). I liked it.

  • Not being able to pick up the boys means that I've had to go to work an hour earlier than normal since I went back so B can put R in the car for me before he goes to work. That's getting old. I'm not looking forward to getting up at 5:00 tomorrow. And, assuming I'm cleared to lift babies at my appointment on Tuesday, I'm still not going to get to "sleep in" because I (allegedly) have a trial on Wednesday and Thursday.

  • I went to the symphony for the first time ever last night. It was pretty awesome. I also found out that one of the family nights the local symphony is doing is Super Why!-themed. W's big on Super Why! right now, and I think he would love this. My mom's talking about buying him tickets for Christmas.

  • Speaking of Super Why!, I think that's what W is going to be for Halloween. He hasn't expressed any sort of costume preference, and I bought him a superhero costume from Powercapes for his birthday. Throw the costume on over a green sweatsuit, add a pair of blue undies and yellow belt on top, and viola. Super Why! R gets to be a penguin. Because we have a penguin costume in the appropriate size. It's grand being the younger sibling.

  • I'm having trouble sleeping again, but I'm slightly afraid to mix my sleeping pill with my percoset. No one said anything to me about this at the hospital, but it just doesn't seem like a good idea. Maybe I'm over-thinking things.

  • I'm hungry. And nothing sounds even remotely appetizing. Maybe I'll finish off the B&J's red velvet ice cream in the freezer.

  • W's birthday is in less than two weeks. I'm starting to feel really guilty about not doing a party for him. We're going to do cake with the family one day, but I feel like he should get a party with his friends. I know this is completely ridiculous because he's three and doesn't need a birthday party, but I feel slightly guilty nonetheless.

  • At my counseling appointment yesterday, my psychiatrist said - and I quote - "Emily, you have officially made me crazy!" I think this means I win at counseling, right?

  • I had something else to put here, but my mom texted me and now I don't remember it. I think I'll just shut up and go get a snack now instead of torturing you further.

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I want the info on the Super Why concert! Maybe we could make it a date?

Lindsay @ Delighted Momma said...

1) love this post I am all about random!

2)Tooo funny about your psychiatrist!

3)Red Velvet ice cream?! YUMMM

Amanda @ There Are Two Sides said...

If she told you that then YES you win that counseling session!!!