Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Random...randomness

Today's edition is just a bulleted list of random thoughts. Because I'm not feeling capable of stringing anything else together tonight.
  • I broke out a new nail polish color for my toes tonight. When I bought it online, the website said it was a matte color, but I don't think it's actually matte. And I'm not sure I'm a fan, even for toes.

  • This is the first time I've put a fresh coat of paint on my toes since Memorial Day weekend. I've painted over the remnants from that polishing a few different times when my toes needed to look semi-presentable from a distance, but haven't actually removed and reapplied.

  • I have to go to the orthopedist tomorrow, and I'm pretty sure I'm getting another cortisone shot in my ass crack tailbone. If you've never been lucky enough to get a cortisone shot, they hurt. I couldn't sit after my last one. I'm going at lunchtime, which means the numbing stuff is going to wear off long before I get home after work. Tomorrow has the potential to be a really, really long day.

  • I'm also seeing my counselor for the first time in, oh, about six months tomorrow. I have so much shit I need to talk about and figure out that I've literally made a written list. If you had any doubts about the extent of my Type-A-ness, your doubts have just been put to rest. You're welcome.

  • R is teething hardcore right now. His first tooth popped through the day after Christmas, and its partner came out to play yesterday. Both of them are just barely through, but I'm really sad that this means the end of my toothless grin days. I love toothless baby grins.

  • I suppose I can get some toothless baby grins out of my grandkids some day...but I'm pretty sure W is going to be living in our basement until he's well into his 40s, which dims my hopes of grandkids. R is too little for me to assess yet.

  • I've gotten into the habit of calling R "Punky." It somehow evolved from me calling him "Punkin." It actually went from "Punkin" to "Punkin pie" to "Punky pie" to just "Punky." I kinda like it, and it fits him, I think. I'm considering using it as his blog name because 1). I like it, and 2). it's the only nickname I have for him that doesn't involve his real name in some way or isn't something super-generic like "Buddy."

  • If I start calling R "Punky" around here, that means I'm going to have to come up with something to call W. But I don't have a non-name-including nickname for him. I call him "Bud" and "Dude" a lot, but those are pretty blah.

  • I have to shave tomorrow, and I'm dreading it. I hate shaving. Plus, I think we're out of shaving cream.

  • I got a Droid X a couple of weeks ago (did I mention that here?), and I looooooooove it. I feel guilty about spending a bit more than we should have on our new phones, but the Kindle app assuages my guilt a bit. I love being able to read while I'm nursing R in the dark.

  • I'm currently reading some crappy Christian romance novel on my Kindle app. It's pretty awful. One particularly painful passage: "He had no right to kiss her. He wasn't prepared to make the commitment that should accompany last night's passionate kiss...If only he could find a way to make the unspoken promise he'd given her through his kiss a reality and spend the rest of his life with her." And there's plenty more where that came from. But I'm 88% finished, so I feel like I should complete it. Damn you, stupid free Kindle downloads!

  • I like the word "assuage." I don't have nearly enough occasion to use it.

  • B gets way too into "his team" when it comes to college football. Case in point: they're soundly kicking the crap out of their opponent right now, and B is still sitting over there yelling at the TV.

  • I made chicken and noodles on Saturday, and have been eating the leftovers since. I love the stuff, but really don't want to pack it for my lunch tomorrow because I've had it twice a day pretty much every day since Saturday. But there's a lot left, and B isn't eating his share. Maybe instead of eating another bowl, I'll take my abused butt crack out to lunch after my ortho appointment tomorrow to make it less mad at me.

  • I want a part-time, work-from-home copy editing or proofreading job. I have no idea how I would even go about that.

  • I want to get a Ph.D. Not right now, but some day. Even though I do case law and statutory research on a daily basis, I miss doing research that involves subjects and variables.

  • I still owe my best friend part of her Christmas present, but I'm having a difficult time tracking it down. I think the only way to get it is going to be making a trek to our college town, and I don't see that happening any time soon.

  • I miss my faraway friends. I wish I had the time/money/lack of spawn to be able to visit them.

  • I miss my local friends. I've been doing a shittastic job of being a friend and making friend-like efforts lately.

  • I'm tired. My goal for tonight it to actually fall asleep early enough to get more than three or four hours of sleep.

  • I think I'm going to work on meeting my sleep goal for tonight. Hopefully my toes are dry enough to avoid the dreaded sheet lines.
What's your randomness for tonight?

No comments: