Friday, November 19, 2010

Scarfing

I bought a scarf tonight.*

I'm sure this isn't groundbreaking news for anyone else, but it's a huge deal for me. You see, I don't accessorize. Like, ever. I used to (and I have a whole jewelry box full of teen-ish necklaces, earrings, rings, etc.), but I stopped at some point (probably because I suck at it). I keep thinking that I need to start it up again, but, I suck at it. Really, really badly.

This all came about because my mom, sister, and I went to a holiday bazaar downtown, and I kept finding really cute accessory-type things. And every time I found one, I would lament my lack of accessorizing ability. My mom finally told me I need to start accessorizing, so I decided to take the plunge.

My chosen accessory was a scarf from Little Hound. It's bright pink, and I kinda love it. Even though I still have no idea what the hell I'm supposed to wear it with. I'm hoping this starts me on a path to wearing accessories and being good at it.

Until I get to that point though, if you see someone wandering the streets with a bright pink scarf that is completely inappropriate for the outfit, stop me and let me know that I look ridiculous.

* Ok, if we want to get technical about it, my mom bought me a scarf tonight for my birthday (which is in a month). But I would have bought it for myself if she hadn't. Really.

No comments: