Friday, February 12, 2010

Valentine's Day treats

I saw this post for easy Valentine's petit fours the other day, and I became obsessed. I had absolutely no reason to make or do anything for V-Day this year, but I had to make these. So I did. This was my project for tonight (you know, the thing I did rather than clean, pay bills, or do anything else useful).

I'm showing them to you as photographic proof that someone with no creativity and not an ounce of artistic ability can make cute treats. I wasn't brave enough to try the royal icing decorations, but I did use fondant for the first time in my life (it was a lot like playing with chewed gum).

So there you have it. Now I just have to figure out what to do with them (and get over the massive heartburn the one I taste-tested gave me).

2 comments:

Misty said...

What is in a Petit four?

Emily said...

In these particular ones, Oreo Cakesters.