Saturday, February 13, 2010

Sweethearts, you disappoint

While I was out and about today, I decided that I wanted to get my yearly fix of Sweethearts. Sweethearts are the chalky, heart-shaped candies with cute little messages on them. I'd heard that the candies had been overhauled this year, but didn't think anything of it when I was making my purchase.

My first complaint: they apparently don't sell single boxes any more. I just wanted one box. That's all. Just one. I couldn't find single boxes ANYWHERE. I ended up buying an 8-pack (which I'm really regretting now that I've actually eaten them).

Complaint two: they've freaking changed them! Before, these hearts had pretty bland flavors, which was fine by me. Now, the flavors are overwhelming. I almost gagged on the purple-flavored ones. Next, they got rid of the white ones!!!!! The white hearts were the best ones! They were pretty much the only reason I would even buy a box. Instead of white, they now have blue (which are extremely blue...raspberry?...flavored), two shades of purple (flavors of super-strong-grape and, uh, slightly-less-gaggy-grape?), and two shade of yellow (lemon and perhaps banana).

Overall, all I have to say is blech.

If you haven't tried out the new and (ostensibly) improved Sweethearts, I say don't. If you insist on trying them, though, I have seven boxes sitting on my table that I'm more than willing to pass on to someone else.

1 comment:

Misty said...

I am ridiculously in love with all things Blue Raspberry. Send those babies here!