Thursday, February 25, 2010

Insomnia

So, readers, what do you do when you can't sleep? For me, catching some zzzs used to be as simple as vegging on the couch watching bad late-night TV. Unfortunately, the couch has become less and less comfortable for me, so this strategy hasn't been working so well lately.

Tonight, there's nothing on TV and I'm caught up on my DVR shows. And the couch is killing my back. I'm half tempted to go clean my bathroom to try to wear myself out, but I'm worried about making too much noise and waking the boys. I have no desire to deal with cranky toddler and a cranky husband who were roused in the middle of the night because I felt the urge to clean.

I'm feeling half pukey tonight, too, and I'm not sure why, but it isn't helping me get any closer to sleep. And I have to get up in five or so hours. Blech. Honestly, a sleeping pill of some sort would be fantastic right about now. But that's not an option, so I'm going to have to come up with something else. Maybe I'll read for a bit. My current book is boring enough that reading just might work.

1 comment:

Michelle said...

My OB told me once in awhile a tylenol pm was ok. Maybe that would help?