Thursday, January 21, 2010

Tonight, I miss my laptop

My laptop is a bit on the non-functional side right now. I keep hoping it's not dead, but my rational side tells me it probably is. My friend's husband is going to look at it for me, but we've had some scheduling conflicts and haven't been able to meet up yet. So, I'm stuck using B's crappy desktop that neither of us likes. It's old and slow, and the noises it makes when it's processing something are scary.

Although I've missed the speed and convenience of my laptop occasionally over the past two weeks, it hasn't been too bad. I've been spending a lot less time on the internet, which I suppose is a good thing. Tonight, however, I miss my laptop. I had to bring some work home with me, which would normally entail me plopping on the couch with the laptop - work papers on one side of me, remote on the other - and plugging away at whatever decision/instructions/project I'm working on while enjoying some sort of trashy TV.

The orientation of the home office area and the forced use of the desktop are making that impossible tonight. This decision is taxing my brain a bit, too, and some TV trash (I have an episode of Teen Mom on the DVR that is begging for some attention, and it's Project Runway night!) would be a welcome relief.

But enough whining about no laptop and no TV. I have work to do. I super puffy heart when attorneys decide to wait until, oh, less than three days before trial to bring up super huge, major issues. Good thing I don't have any plans this weekend.

1 comment:

Cordia Remsen said...

I missed mine when it’s gone too. You’re quite dependent on your laptop when you’re a blogger. Well that’s my case. I just can’t write right when I’m not actually typing on a keyboard. :-/ Cordia Remsen @ RB’s Computer Service