Monday, January 25, 2010

Thoughts

Why is that every time I get near the toilet with toilet cleaner, B decides he needs to (ab)use the facilities?

* * *

I wonder how much kids sell for on the black market?

(Pause while some nice federal government employee adds my blog to some kind of watch list...)

* * *

Skinny Cow ice cream sandwiches are AWESOME! I've eaten way more of them than I care to admit to over the past week or so.

* * *

My new aspiration in life is to be able to go to the bathroom without one of the following happening: (1) a small child bursting in and trying to "help" me by throwing toilet paper in the toilet while I'm using it, or (2) a small child standing outside the door screaming because he can't burst in to help.

* * *

I made an appointment with a therapist today. I'm not sure how I feel about this. Actually, I am. I feel like it's going to be a complete waste of my sick time and co-pay because I'm going through one of my "good" phases right now. And this doctor is not of the type who can throw more medicine at the problem, which is kind of all I want right now.

* * *

I want a drink. Badly. We have two bottles of cheap champagne in the fridge that didn't get used at New Year's because our friends had to leave early and B fell asleep by 10:00. I'm so tempted to crack one open. But I know if I do, I'll drink the whole bottle, and then I'll feel guilty. And hungover. Which doesn't work so well when you need to be at work an hour earlier than normal in the morning.

* * *

I kind of hate that I know so many women who are pregnant right now (most of them for the first time). They're all so excited. I want to be excited for them, too, but all I want to do is tell them to run far, far away, that they're making a huge mistake and ruining their lives. But no one wants to hear that. And I don't want to be that person.

* * *

More than not wanting to ruin anyone else's pregnancy, I want to enjoy my own.

* * *

Last night, as we were talking before bed, B made some off-handed comment about how I'm almost in my third trimester. After a moment of silence, I responded, "Yeah, I know. I really don't like thinking about that because it means I have to start thinking about eventually birthing this thing, and I really, really don't want to go through all that again."

* * *

I know I'm supposed to be learning something from the clusterfuck my life has become, but I can't for the life of me figure out what that something is.

* * *

I have a three-day trial starting tomorrow, and I'm really not looking forward to it. Why? Because I'm going to have to wear heels.

* * *

I finally got my new washer and dryer on Friday (after nearly two months of needless waiting and endless store employee incompetence). I love them. Laundry is my happy place, and they make my happy place so much happier.

I was also able to do all of my laundry between 4:00 P.M. and 11:00 P.M. Normally, that much laundry would have taken aaaaaaaaaaalllllll day on Sunday with a load or two left over for Monday.

* * *

I found a list of baby names B was working on. He has Marshall on it. First, I'm not a fan. Second, that name is so unlike something B would normally pick that I'm wondering where in the world he came up with it.

* * *

B was told last week that he might be getting the call to go back to work. He didn't. He was told the company needs another week or two. He's so excited about it, and it just breaks my heart because I'm guessing this delay means that he's not getting called back right now, and he's going to be crushed when he finds out.

* * *

There's a house across the street from us that we looked at when we were house hunting. I liked it because the innards had all been updated, and it wouldn't have required tons of work from us (If I'd had my way, we would have moved into a brand new, cookie cutter suburban house that needed no work...I hate house projects). B seems to remember that it needed a bunch of mechanical work, but I think he's nuts.

Regardless, when we looked at it, the bank had accepted a short sale offer that was about $10K more than we wanted to pay, but it fell through. We assumed that the bank would be willing to go down to our price, so we didn't put an offer in on it. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that it sold, so, being the nosy person that I am, I looked it up. The guy bought it for $19K less than the short sale offer. They actually got their house for $6K less than we paid for ours, and we got a kick ass deal. I couldn't believe it.

* * *

I don't know why I watch Secret Life of the American Teenager. It's really pretty awful. Tonight's topic is masturbation, and it would be disturbing if it weren't so hilarious.

* * *

If I can't have booze, I want a Diet Coke. But we don't have any in the house. I'm thinking a McDonald's drive through trip is in order in the morning. They have the best fountain Coke.

3 comments:

Amy said...

He probably got Marshall from How I Met Your Mother. Men shouldn't be allowed to watch TV when the naming of people/pets is approaching. This is how we have a dog named Brian. You don't see me naming kids Harry Potter now, do you?

Laurie said...

Do you think if we sell our kids together on the black market we'll get a better price? Cause mine drive me insane far too often...loved the post!

Jeff Green said...

For your thought on the house across the street you saw when you did house hunting, what a miss. Don't worry Emily, if it's for you, it's really for you.