Friday, November 27, 2009

All I want for Christmas

Now that Thanksgiving is officially over, I can post my Christmas (well, Birthmas*, really) wish list.


Gift certificate(s) for any number of lovely spa treatments (manicure, pedicure, massage, facial, hair cut…I’m not picky. Though my aching pregnant body would love a massage, and my hair desperately needs a cut. Just sayin’). Preferred providers available upon request.

Burt’s Bees chapstick. The regular kind with the all-yellow tube and cap. Not the red cap, not the burgundy cap, not the honey-colored tube and cap. Yellow. I’ll take several, please.

Bathroom accessories. My bathroom ensemble has been incomplete for two years now, but completing it feels much more pressing now that I have a permanent bathroom. I’d like the toothbrush holder, trashcan, and cup in violet from the Oasis collection by Nicole Miller. Available at Bed Bath and Beyond.
A new laptop battery. Mine has been shot for, oh, probably two years, but I’ve always had more pressing things to spend my money on. I need one for a Gateway MX6956 laptop.


A Tupperware container for transporting cupcakes. My mom has this awesome one that she’s had forever. It’s great. You can effectively and neatly transport either a 9x13 cake or 24 cupcakes. For as long as I can remember, we took it to school any time we had treats to share. I want one. Tupperware’s more modern version is pictured above, but anything similar would work.


Paint for one (or more) room of your choosing. You pick the room, we pick the color. This gift could be made even better by volunteering your slave labor services to help paint said room.


Some wall décor for our house. This one might be tricky because I don’t really know what kind of décor it is that I want. Use your best judgment.


Bare Minerals make up. I like Bare Minerals, but it's expensive, and it's one of the things I've had to give up while things are tight. I would like the foundation in light (I think. It's whatever the palest shade that make is. Yeah, I'm that pasty), some warmth, and maybe even some mineral veil. If you want to take it one step further, you could take me somewhere to get a make over. I need someone to give me step-by-step instructions on how to do my make up and not make myself look terrible. I'm missing my girl gene.


A Wii fit. I really, really wanted one last year after we got a Wii for Chirstmas. Right now, though, I’m feeling particularly fat and lazy, so this is at the bottom of the list.

So Santa (and Mom and B), there you have it: my wish list for this Birthmas season.

*Birthmas (\ˈbərth-məs\) – 1: noun – the phrase I coined specifically to describe the yearly time of joy that is the period between my birthday and Christmas. 2: adjective – description of something done or given as a combined celebration of my birthday and Christmas. E.g. a Birthmas gift.

No comments: