Thursday, October 22, 2009

An update in bullets

I realize that I've been semi-MIA lately. And I'm sorry. But I've been SUPER busy. I went on vacation two-and-a-half weeks ago, and I've been on the go ever since. So, here's an update on my life right now, in bullets.
  • We bought a house. We closed the day I left for vacation. There were some small hitches in the whole process, but it all worked out in the end. I'm sooooooo excited to be a home owner! Here's a picture:

  • We're moving into the new house on Sunday. We got the keys (and started packing) four days ago. We're a bit behind on the whole thing, and we've been busting ass all week to catch up (as you can clearly tell, since I'm wasting time blogging).
  • Now that I own a home, I'm going to have to decorate it. This is paralyzing to me. I don't decorate. On top of that, I have to decorate around some *ahem* lovely mauve carpet that's in the dining room, living room, stairwell, and upstairs hallway. Fun times. Poor Michelle had no idea what she was getting herself into when she offered to help me decorate.
  • I was in an accident and totalled my car three weeks ago. I'm fine, my car was not. I bought a new car last weekend, and it's a minivan. *Pause for laughter* Yeah, I know. I didn't want a minivan. At. All. But we got a great deal on a low-mileage used one, and we're going to need the space in the years to come.
  • W is going to be one on Wednesday. I can't believe it's been a year already. He started on whole milk yesterday (we ran out of formula, and I refused to buy another can because he wouldn't use it all in a week or so). He loves it. B and I love the reduced-cost factor, but we're not fans of the change-in-poop factor.
  • Birthday boy is getting a cold. Just in time for his birthday party on Saturday.

  • He is also in the throes of a major teething episode, which is making life fun for all in our household. He's finally getting his two front middle teeth, so he no longer has his vampire fangs.

  • For W's party, we're doing a Very Hungry Caterpillar theme. I'm hoping it turns out as cute in real life as it is in my head. Here's the invite I designed (excuse the poor quality):
  • Oh, and I'm pregnant.

I guess that's all for now. I'll get back to in-depth blogging again when life calms down in a couple of weeks.

1 comment:

Swistle said...

OH TEH CUTENESS! (house and party theme both)