Monday, October 12, 2009

And I'm back

I just got home from a wonderful five-day trip to visit my best friend in North Carolina. It was awesome, and we had tons of fun. This is the first time I've seen her since May, and the first time it's just been the two of us (as in no husband, no baby, no in-laws) since, uh, geez, I think it's been two years. Hell.

Regardless, we had a great time. I got in Thursday, and we had dinner with a bunch of her friends. Friday, I hung out at the apartment and did some online car shopping (oh, yeah, did I forget to mention that I totalled my car a week or so ago? I've been kinda busy) while L was working. We went to see Whip It that night. I highly recommend it. It was a fun movie. I love Ellen Page. We also went to The Cheesecake Factory that night, and if you go there any time soon, you MUST get the red velvet cheesecake. It's two layers of red velvet cake, two layers of vanilla cheesecake, cream cheese frosting, and white chocolate shavings. It is DEVINE. Get yourself some now.

The weather was (mostly) great. We went to the beach on Saturday, and, even without the novelty a girl from Ohio finds in going to the beach in the middle of October, it was wonderful. Sunny, hot, and oceany. Perfect.

We also went on a crazy shopping trip on Sunday. My friend's house burnt down recently, so she's in the process of replacing pretty much everything she owns. We put a pretty big dent in her list on Sunday. I've decided that shopping is more fun when you can spend someone else's money (even if you don't get to take the spoils home with you). I did buy myself a shirt at The Limited (I'm pretty sure that's the first time I've purchased anything there...it's usually too expensive for my cheap ass, and I'm already feeling the buyer's remorse...it'll probably go back) and two pairs of cute flats.

I spent the majority of the day slowly working my way back to my corner of Ohio. Now I'm home, and I'm waiting for B to get home from class so I can spend some time with him before bed. I didn't get home before W went to bed tonight, so I'm going to get up early to spend some time with him tomorrow morning. The poor kid hasn't seen me since Wednesday morning. He probably doesn't even remember me.

Despite the fact that I just bored you with the details of my mini vacation, there's all kinds of interesting stuff going on at Chez Emily right now. Hopefully I'll get around to telling you all about it soon. For now, though, I'm off to unpack and wait for my hubby to get here.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

How ironic that Jen & I were at the beach on Saturday too! Only it was about 12 degrees. Oh and it was Lake Michigan.

Ummm not as cool as your story, but I'm glad you're home!

Lori said...

Glad you had a good trip! And dammit, why did you have to mention cheesecake?!?!?! Must.Find.Some.