Wednesday, September 30, 2009

I hate you, Neighbors

We currently live in a twinplex. Before we moved in, I didn't think it would be all that bad. And it wasn't. At least not with our former neighbor. He was a raging drunk, so I'm assuming he spent most of his time passed out. He would occasionally have an epic drunk fit that involved hours of crying and screaming, but those were few and far between. Oh, and we could hear his TV in the nursery, as the other side's living room is right under it, but that wasn't too awful.

After he was evicted (shocker!), we got new neighbors. They're a couple who are probably a bit younger than B and I are, and they also have a random guy living with them. In a one bedroom place. I don't know what the three of them do over there, but I'm pretty sure their favorite activity is stair bowling (a game of bowling in which the staircase is used as the alley. Pins at the bottom, throw from the top).

They are loud. Late at night. Even their cats are loud. I swear I hear the cats running around when I'm up in the middle of the night. They (the people, not the cats) stomp around constantly. We don't even live under them. We live next to them, which, logically, should not sound like living under them.

Maybe it's because they don't spend 90% of their time drunk and/or passed out (as far as I can tell), or maybe they're just naturally loud and obnoxious. But whatever it is, I canNOT wait until we move away from this crap shack and the people with whom we share a wall.

Wanna know the best part about our new house? Our nearest neighbors are a good 15 feet away from our walls. I can't wait.

Only another month. Or so. I hope. I really, really hope.

No comments: