Sunday, May 10, 2009

It's been a happy Mother's Day

It may just be the drugs talking, but I realized this evening that I'm truly beginning to find joy in being a mother.

This revelation came to me as we were driving home from dinner. B and I heard some shuffling in the backseat. When I turned around to investigate, I saw the baby experimentally rubbing his bare feet up and down over the seat protector mat (I think he liked the noise). As I watched him, I could just picture the look of concentration on his face and see the little forehead wrinkles he gets when he's doing something new. And my heart just melted. Then it swelled with pride that my little man was learning something new and had figured it out on his own (even though it was something as dumb as rubbing his feet over nylon makes noise). It hit me like a ton of bricks that sometime over the past few months, I've transformed into a mother. Most of the time.

It was a good Mother's Day.

1 comment:

Lori said...

Awww, thats awesome!!!