Thursday, January 1, 2009

2008

I saw this in another blog, and thought it was a neat idea. Plus, it's a quick and easy way to review the year, and I'm all about quick and easy these days.

List the first sentence of the first post of each month of the past year.

January: [Sorry, no blog yet].
February: Welcome to my blog.
March: B has an odd sense of humor.
April: Never in my pre-pregnancy life was I ever so obsessed with food as I am right now (well, maybe during one diet in undergrad, but I digress...).
May: Man, I really need to stay on top of this thing.
June: When I tell people that we're not planning on finding out what flavor baby we're having, I get a combination of shocked and disappointed reactions.
July: Dear Maternity Clothing Retailers,
August: Even if you, like me, have never seen the movie Alien, I'm sure you've seen the scene where the alien baby bursts out of the guy's stomach.
September: This was a busy weekend, and I'm still exhausted.
October: That is exactly how much longer I absolutely must stay pregnant (for insurance purposes).
November: BOY!!!
December: If you're doing everything wrong for your kid and if he'll grow up to be a serial killer because of it?

Hmm...that turned out to be much less informative than I thought it would be...Suffice it to say that 2008 was a big year for us. Some good stuff happened, and so did a lot of bad. I'm not sad to see 2008 go, and I'm hoping 2009 brings us better things.

Happy New Year, everyone!

No comments: