Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Please stay asleep

Dear Will,

Please, please, please stay asleep. Every time you wake up, you want to eat. Every time you try to eat, I want to scream and then bawl because your piranha-like feeding has completely inflamed and shredded my poor nipples. When I see you stirring like you're about to wake up, this horrible feeling of dread starts welling up inside of me, and my boobs start crying in anticipation of the torture that is to come. So, if you could do me a solid and either stay asleep or just not eat for a week or two, that would be awesome.

Love you,

Mommy

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I feel your pain (or felt your pain) all too well. It is horrible isn't it! I dreaded the feedings too. Like I said if it gets unbearable..the nipple shield was a miracle for me.

Doing My Best said...

If it makes you feel any better, YOU WERE NOT ALONE! NOBODY ever warned me about toe-curling agony caused by nursing, oh no! It was all "breastfeeding doesn't hurt if you are doing it correctly".