Saturday, November 1, 2008

It's a...

BOY!!!


William James was born at 9:07 AM on Tuesday, October 28, 2008. He weighed in at 8 pounds, 3 ounces, and was 21.5 inches long. He also had a 13.25 inch head circumference. So much for him listening to my lectures about not weighing more than 7.5 pounds and having a small head (actually, I don't know if his head is objectively large, but it sure seemed like it on the way out...).

The labor and delivery went really well, and were really easy. Recovery's been going really well so far, too. I'll post the whole birth story at some point, once I get a chance to write it all down. For now, suffice it to say we're all doing our best to adjust to life at home.

To end today's post, I would like to offer a small ray of hope to anyone who's followed my story and feels the way about their pregnancy I did about mine: actually having and holding that baby changes everything. I have been so pleasantly surprised by my adjustment to motherhood. I love the little guy, and I love being his mommy. Based on my past behavior, I did not expect that at all, but it's been great. I'm not nearly as head-over-heels as B is, but I know I'll get there. So, hang in there. It'll get better for you, too. I promise.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Aww! I'm so happy for you guys. And thanks for your ray of hope at the end. It makes the idea of having kids little less scary.

hecknoin06 said...

Aw thats great Em!! I'm glad your soooo in love :)