Monday, September 22, 2008

Shoe lust

I like shoes. A lot. Being pregnant has really put a damper on my shoe fetish. Due to my unfortunate swelling, I had to give up heels months ago. Then, I had to give up flip flops and flats. I'm now stuck with nothing but tennis shoes. Blech. While I have nothing against tennis shoes in theory, I do not like wearing them with, oh, let's say, dress clothes (I also currently do not like wearing them because they require me to bend over and put them on and time them...not an easy task at this point in time...but that's for another post). I feel like a tool wearing tennis shoes to work. This whole situation has led to a serious case of shoe depression.

Adding to my shoe depression was my trip to Burlington Coat Factory tonight. I had never been to one of these before, but I'm always a sucker for these types of discount stores. Especially their shoe departments. So, against my better judgment, I took a stroll through the BCF shoe department, and it made me want to cry. There were a LOT of great, cheap shoes. For example, they had awesome Steve Madden boots for $29.99. Thirty bucks! I can't get a pair of boots at PayLess for that, let alone a pair of Steve Maddens. Unfortunately, I had to leave them there. Now, don't get me wrong...I didn't leave them because I was being sensible and realized that black stiletto boots aren't really in my future. I left them because I'm pretty sure that my poor, swollen feet are going to be bigger post-baby than they were pre-baby. I'm already distraught by the fact that I'm probably going to have to replace most of my shoe collection once my pregnancy is over; I just couldn't bear to add another pair of shoes to my collection only to have them ripped away by baby-related foot growth.

On a related note, a DSW is coming to my area in the next couple of months. This will be a problem for me. But the timing really is fortunate, since I'm going to have to replace all my shoes anyway.

No comments: