Wednesday, July 2, 2008

An open letter to maternity clothing retailers

Dear Maternity Clothing Retailers,

Why don't you sell pants? I have searched online extensively, and, as far as I can tell, everyone seems to sell approximately two pairs of long pants, generally not in stock in a size I could squeeze my fat ass in to and/or in the astronomical price range. I understand that it's summer, and as a pregnant woman, you expect me to be huge, hot, and miserable because it's summer. I may be miserable, but I'm neither huge nor hot. And some of us still have to wear pants - full-length, hide your ankles pants - to work. Other than the fact that my office temperature is consistently kept somewhere in the subarctic range, I don't really want to wear skirts or capris that are going to show the world my compression socks. So, please, do all pregnant women a favor and stock some damn pants in the summer. Please?

Cheers,

Emily

No comments: